The type and duration of use of removable dentures in seniors over 65 years of age from Lublin in Poland
Original Article, Pol J Public Health 2016;126(1): 32-36
KATARZYNA KAMIŃSKA-PIKIEWICZ, TERESA BACHANEK, RENATA CHAŁAS
Chair and Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
- Iacopino AM, Wathen WF. Geriatric prosthodontics: An overview. Part I. Pretreatment considerations. Quintessence Int. 1993;24:259-66.
- Marcus PA, Joshi A, Jones JA, Morgano SM. Complete edentulism and denture use for elders in New England. J Prosthet Dent. 1996;76:260-6. [CrossRef]
- Petersen PE, Yamamoto T. Improving the oral health of older people: the approach of the WHO Global Oral Health Programme. Comm Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2005;33:81-92.
- Trulsson U, Engstrand P, Berggren U, et al. Edentulousness and oral rehabilitation: experiences from the patients’ perspective. Eur J Oral Sci. 2002;110:417-24. [CrossRef]
- Ünlüer Ş, Gökalp S, Doğan BG. Oral health status of the elderly in a residential home in Turkey. Gerodontology. 2007;24:22-9. [CrossRef]
- Borreani E, Jones K, Scambler S, Gallagher JE. Informing the debate on oral health care for older people: a qualitative study of older people’s views on oral health and oral health care. Gerodontology. 2010;27:11-8. [Web of Science] [CrossRef]
- Senpuku H, Sogame A, Inoshita E, et al. Systemic diseases in association with microbial species in oral biofilm from elderly requiring care. Gerontology. 2003;49:301-9. [CrossRef]
- Yoshihara A, Watanabe R, Hanada N, Miyazaki H. A longitudinal study of the relationship between diet intake and dental caries and periodontal disease in elderly Japanese subjects. Gerodontology. 2009;26:130-6. [Web of Science] [CrossRef]
- Coleman P. Opportunities for nursing-dental collaboration: Addressing oral health needs among the elderly. Nurs Outlook. 2005;53:33-9. [CrossRef]
- Stawska B. Geriatric dentistry: dental needs, problems, and expectations of residents of care. Ann Acad Med Stetin. 2006;52:89-97.
- Jundziłł-Bieniek E, Koczorowski R. Relationship between psychological factors and the state of removable dentures in elderly people. Dent Med Probl. 2008;45:130-5.
- Koczorowski R, Gawriołek M, Siniawska J. Comparative analysis of the dental needs of nursing home residents in Poznań and Wielkopolska. Dent Forum. 2008;36:27-33.
- Bereznowski Z., Prośba-Mackiewicz M, Lasecka A, et al. Evaluation of teeth and dentures state and characteristic of prosthetic treatment needs in elderly people. Prosthetics. 2001;51: 91-6.
- Namiot D, Sierpińska T, Gołębiewska M, Kobierska A. Evaluation of needs for removable dentures treatment in elderly patients. Prosthetics. 1995;45:295-300.
- Rabiei M, Kasemnezhad E, Masoudi rad H, et al. Prevalence of oral and dental disorders in institutionalised elderly people in Rasht, Iran. Gerodontology. 2010;27:174-7. [CrossRef] [Web of Science]
- Šimunković SK, Boras VV, Pandurić J, Žilić IA. Oral health among institutionalised elderly in Zagreb, Croatia. Gerodontology. 2005;22:238-41. [CrossRef]
- Gluhak C, Arnetzl GV, Kirmeier R, et al. Oral status among seniors in nine nursing homes in Styria, Austria. Gerodontology. 2010;27:47-52. [Web of Science] [CrossRef]
- Frenkel H, Harvey I, Newcombe RG. Oral health care among nursing home residents in Avon. Gerodontology. 2000;17:33-8. [CrossRef]
- Knabe C, Kram P. Dental care for institutionalized geriatric patients in Germany. J Oral Rehabil. 1997;24:909-12. [CrossRef]
- Chalmers JM, Hodge C, Fuss JM, et al. The prevalence and experience of oral diseases in Adelaide nursing home residents. Aust Dent J. 2002;47:123-30. [CrossRef]
- Krawczykowska H, Panek H, Makacewicz S. Analysis of prosthetics foundation in geriatric patients in aspect of overdenture. Prosthetics. 2005;55:424-9.
- Kunert J, Brauman-Furmanek S. Assessment of the selected oral health parameters in elderly patients. Pol J Environ Stud. 2008;17:6A, 207-212.
- Pasternak M, Chomyszyn-Gajewska M, Gołda T, et al. Use and need for dentures in connection with state of health of elderly people from Cracow and surroundings. Prosthetics. 2004;54:430-4.
- Takehara S, Shimoyama K. Factors affecting the motivation for dental check-ups and anxiety in the elderly in Tokyo. Gerodontology. 2009;26:105-11. [CrossRef] [Web of Science]
- Vyšniauskaité S, Kammona N, Vehkalahti MM. Number of teeth in relation to oral health behaviour in dentate elderly patients in Lithuania. Gerodontology. 2005;22:44-51. [CrossRef]
- Pallegedara C, Ekanayake L. Tooth loss, the wearing of dentures and associated factors in Sri Lankan older individuals. Gerodontology. 2005;22:193-9. [CrossRef]
- Ekanayake L, Perera I. The association between clinical oral health status and oral impacts experienced by older individuals in Sri Lanka. J Oral Rehabil. 2004;31:831-6. [CrossRef]
- Shah N, Parkash H, Sunderam KR. Edentulousness, denture wear and denture needs of Indian elderly - a community-based study. J Oral Rehabil. 2004;31:467-76. [CrossRef]
- Moreira Rda S, Nico LS, Tomita NE. Oral health conditions among the elderly in southeastern São Paulo state. J Appl Oral Sci. 2009;17:170-8. [CrossRef]
- Koczorowski R, Gawriołek M, Siniawska J. Prosthetic needs of nursing home residents in Wielkopolska. Dent Med Probl. 2008;45:425-30.
- Ozkan Y, Özcan M, Kulak Y, et al. General health, dental status and perceived dental treatment needs of an elderly population in Istanbul. Gerodontology. 2011;28:28-36. [CrossRef] [Web of Science]
- Frączak B, Szteke O, Kijak E. The state of the stomatognathic system in a selected group of patients treated in the Department of Prosthetic Dentistry at the Pomeranian Medical Academy. P. 1. Prosthetics. 1996;46:222-6.
- Kossioni AE. The prevalence of denture stomatitis and its predisposing conditions in an older Greek population. Gerodontology. 2011;28:85-90. [Web of Science] [CrossRef]
- Jaworowska-Szczesiul E. The denture hygiene status in patients after prosthetic treatment. Prosthetics. 1994;44:32-4.
- Wiśniewska G, Loster BW, Majewski S. The fibrous type of hyperplastic inflammatory conditions of acrylic denture users - etiology and therapeutic procedure - based on authors clinical experience. J Stoma. 2004;57:543-8.
- Tokajuk G, Szyszko T, Miksza-Żyłkiewicz R, Guckler A. The prosthetic care of people above 55 years of age in a North-Eastern Macroregion. J Stoma. 1995;48:35-8.
- Kurnatowska AJ, Bieniek J. The level of cariogenic bacteria in wearers of partial dentures. Prosthetics. 2006;56:130-5.
- Year 2019 - Volume 129
- Year 2018 - Volume 128
- Year 2017 - Volume 127
Year 2016 - Volume 126
- Number 4
- Number 3
- Number 2
- The issue of alcohol abuse among the youth – students of Lublin schools
- A comparison of the levels of satisfaction with the medical services provided by primary healthcare centers in selected communes
- Nursing care quality and post-operative wound infections
- Assessment of the new Reimbursement Act functioning between January-November 2012 and its impact on pharmacies and ...
- Socio-medical analysis of patients aged 0-6 years reporting to the dentist
- Pregnant women’s knowledge on early orthodontic prevention – a questionnaire survey
- The type and duration of use of removable dentures in seniors over 65 years of age from Lublin in Poland
- Distribution of injuries among patients of Department of Trauma and Emergency Medicine ...
- Opinion of students of Medical University of Lublin on emergency contraception
- Prevention of STI and teenage pregnancies through sex education
- Year 2015 - Volume 125
- Year 2014 - Volume 124
- Year 2013 - Volume 123
- Year 2012 - Volume 122
- Archives Issues